Anything Left-Handed > Left Handers Club > Join the Club

Join the Left Handers Club

About the Left Handers Club

We started The Left Handers Club back in 1990 in response to requests from customers to produce a newsletter and campaign on behalf of left-handers. Our aims from the beginning were to get more left-handed products made and raise awareness of the issues facing left-handers – particularly left-handed children in school.

Our Newsletters

Our newsletters are sent out once or twice a month and cover a wide range of topics to do with being left-handed including:

• Latest research and reports on left-handedness
  • Our own surveys and analysis
  • Latest product information and explanations of left-handed items, plus member discounts and offers
  • Highlighting the things left-handers do differently
  • Picking up on language, customs and myths about left-handers

We try our best to entertain members as well as providing useful and interesting information and resources. Use this link to see an index with links to our past newsletters

Backwards Calendar

Backwards Calendar for left-handers

Left-Handers Club membership is completely free and as a member you will receive our unique “backwards” calendar, with days running right to left – which left-handers often find easier to read .

Member Certificate

You will also get access to a free Membership Certificate which you can personalise with your own name for printing.

Left-Handers Club member certificate
We will protect your email

We value your privacy and will never give out, lease or sell any of your personal details. All newsletters contain an unsubscribe link which you can click to remove yourself if you wish, although not many people do!

104 comments on “Join the Club
  1. Kevin Peter MASSEY says:

I’m a LEFTY , SAGITTARIAN and WAR BABY ( 1944 ) and my mother said I always questioned everything in specific detail and was classed the Family Trouble maker for my inquisitive nature. Teachers made continuous attempts at forced conformity, but failed.
    Personally I am assured that all LEFTIES have Superior Intelligence, Spatial Awareness and a Higher Degree of ESP. My nickname that stuck to me in my time in RAF, Bomber Command 1960’s ,during the Cold War Cuban Missile Crisis as a ground crew Radio Coms/ECM Technicin probably sums up my nature as a KRAKATOAN. Highly Volatile but Decisive and Specific.
    THIS WORLD NEEDS A MASSIVE INCREASE IN LEFTIES , PARTICULARLY INTELLIGENT LIBERATED YOUNG WOMEN !!!
    This

2. Kevin Peter MASSEY says:

3. marybeth says:

Is there a flyer I could get to let folks know about The Lefthanders Club?? I want to let folks know for fun and as a Birthday present to myself! August 13th is…MY BIRTHDAY!! AND this year 2014 is the Big One!! THX! Best, Marybeth H.

4. Margie says:

I have a question regarding medication. I learned in college that left-handed people tend to have a higher sensitivity to medication. I wasn’t really sure about that until I was diagnosed with a condition that could not be treated by medication because of a hypersensitivity to that type of medication! I wondered if anyone else ever came across this bit of information.

Thanks for providing this website for the most over-looked minority in the world!

Margie

5. Walter Perry says:

Cheers Keith

How are you?

How can I get a GREAT left-handers’ club certificate such as the one above?

Thanks,

Wally

PS I was hit by a drunk driver and was left with a tremor so I often mis-spell words.

SO I apologize for this in advance! WCFP

6. Stephen Taylor says:

I used t’ be right handed until the early eighties, when I had an accident which resulted in my having a fractured skull. Since then I’ve been a left hander. It’s fair t’ say that I’m proud t’ be left handed, and both my Grandad n Great Aunt are too.

7. Tracy says:

I love being left handed and I can do the same things that rightes can do but better LOL

• AH says:

Hi, I found this site while searching up lefties and I think it is awesome!! I am left handed and it is fine. The only thing I don’t like about being left handed is the way some righties act towards me. (And the ink smudges)

8. Caty Lynch says:

I frequent an online board that is primarily devoted to classic film/movies. Someone posted an off-topic message to the question of being left-handed.

That got me to thinking about any reference to left handedness in movies. I could only think of one: In DESK SET, with Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn, Tracy notices that one of the secretaries is left-handed. He comments that the office set up is wrong for her, and that the desks should be reversed to allow her better advantage of sunlight.

Do other examples pop to mind, for anyone else??

9. Duncan says:

I’m sorry but I think you are wrong! Writing with a ‘hook’ is the way lefties try to adapt to the way children are taught in school to write with their right hand. I did the same thing until about sixth grade when I began wondering why my writing with a pencil always got smeared as my hand went across the page while the other kids’ writing stayed just fine. When I realized why I forced myself to learn to write below the line like everyone else. It wasn’t easy, I got horrible grades in penmanship that year but I didn’t care because I knew why the grades were bad while I retaught myself how to write. It had Nothing to do with genetics and Everything to do with the way writing was being taught in school!

10. Juliet says:

I am so thrilled to have discovered your club.
    My grandchild of 5 is left-handed and we would love to help him to cope with writing,
    cutting, etc. etc.
    We live in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Is there an outlet for your goods in SA?
    Regards, Juliet

11. Silverstream Silverado says:

This is the first website that actually UNDERSTANDS the concept of being left-handed. (Of course I’m left-handed, but the difference is that I’m only 12 years old) My parents also don’t want me to use my real name, so I just made up a name. I also do everything with my left hand. That includes my drawings which look really amazing and you can’t really tell what hand I used to draw them unless you were watching me or I told you.

12. Jadon Baldwin says:

My brother and sister think I’m crazy because I joined yesterday and I’m addicted to this site.

13. kenneth says:

Kenya joins the list of country headed by left-handed presidents with his assumption of office on 9th April.

14. Steve Tillcock says:

I will support your cause but for reasons already stated I believe in the power of the human mind to overcome and adapt. Some children need special consideration and modern science should turn an eye to it. Please continue keeping me informed…

15. Anthony Strefford says:

I have two left handed grandchildren I wish to have join your club. How do I register them separately? their ages are 9 and 7. They will be using my laptop and email address for the foreseeable future.

Kind regards,

Anthony Strefford

16. Lori Ingham says:

I wanted to know if I could join the club if I’m not a lefty, but my son is? He’s four, and is showing left handed tendencies — he’ll put the pencil or crayon in his left hand automatically, and the computer mouse will end up on the left side of the keyboard eventually.

17. Pawan Dwivedi says:

dis club help me alot to understand myself ,….Thanks alots

18. edwin says:

Being a member of this site makes me feel much more special………….i am a left-handed and very proud of it.
    My mom is left-handed and so is my elder sister. I do thank God for it and pray i do have left handed children because left-handed people rock!!!!!!!!!

19. Fredrich Yeager says:

I am left-handed natrually, but I had cancer when I was young and it permanently injured part of the left side of my brain, so my right arm, leg, ear, and eye are all extremely weak and unusable, so I became even more left-handed. But when I was nine I fell of a scooter going down a hill in west virginia and broke and dislocated my left knee, so now I’m no-footed. I can’t play soccer (or football outside of usa) to save my life, however I have found that I kick balls (sports) better with my left foot, and people better with my right foot. Life is very mysterious.

20. Marci says:

I am 65 & the only leftie in the family. While at Catholic grade school the nuns kept wacking my knuckles for writing lefthanded. They said it was the devils work. My Mom told them that the Lord made me that way & that was the wasy I was staying. They didn’t want to mess with her.

21. karl-peter says:

i have very to fight here in germany to be a left-hander, the comment is`not true

22. Pratap says:

hello every one, I am very happy after joining ‘LHC’ and filling proud to be a member of ‘LHC’. Because it is the unique club in the world, which is specially for the lefty people.
    So Thank you so much for discover this site.
    If you are lefty then you must join this club. Good Luck.

23. Elizabeth says:

So very happy to discover your site. One of my grandaughters is lefthanded like me. We now both have pens for lefthanders, she has items for lefties for school, rulers, pencil sharpeners and pens, plus corrector pens. Will buy tape measure, clipboard type folder and scissors next purchase, plus fountain pen for myself. Had a cheque book for lefthanders from the bank, amusing to see the teller struggle with it when she had to stamp the cheque and tear it out. We have been doing that sort of struggle a lot in a world for right handers. I love your site.

24. Andrew says:

I am a very dominant leftie. I do everything with my left hand. I can’t do anything with my right hand at all. I am the only leftie in my family. There were only a few lefties throughout my schooling, not as many as there are today.My teachers tried to force me to write with my right hand but I always refused to comply so they gave up in the end and let me go leftie from then on, there was no equipment for lefties in those days so I always struggled as a left hended child in a right handed world. LEFTIES ROCK!! Thankyou for everything this site is doing for lefties everwhere.

25. Laura says:

Left handedness runs in our family to the extent that at Thanksgiving we have a ‘left handed table’ and a right handed table’ so we do not bump elbows!

26. Ed says:

There is Lefty Store in San Francisco, California at Pier 39, and I would like to visit this Anything Lefthanded store place in UK . I also am a left handed and proud of it

27. Vanessa says:

As someone who uses different hands for different things or switch preferences on different occasions and with writing sometimes I prefer to write left handed and sometimes right handed I tend to count myself as ambidextrous. I wear my watch on my right wrist and find I often accidently press the set button just because I bent my wrist. That can be annoying. This is my first visit to anything left handed. There’s not as much stuff on the site as I expected. Mostly I buy stuff that can be used with either hand but I do have a pen for right handed use and a left handed one of the same type but in a different colour.

28. deogratius says:

am very proud to be different with the right… mh but the islams seems to be bothered when i use my left hand for eating food or giving something to a person… well i use my left hand in doing anything and am sorry for my right hand because it seems that its there for show

also my left hand teaches me that we should think differently……..

MY MOTHER ONCE TIED MY HAND FOR TWO MONTHS WHEN I WAS STILL YOUNG, BUT THE DAY SHE LET ME FREE…, I STARTED TO PICK A PIECE OF MEAT WITH MY LEFT HAND
    and there is where she knew that i will never change..

I LOVE BEING THAT WAY.

• Debbie says:

Deogratius-

Your right hand isn’t for show (that was funny though) it’s for carrying things while your left hand does all the important stuff.

29. moses pensulo says:

am proud to accept how the creator made me to be a left hander and left legger, almost every activity I do I use left, no need for someone to get discouraged, and no body to keep on mocking us, I remember during my school day my fellow students used to mock me but I was not moved, and am a qualified telecoms engineer working sucessifully using my left hand and left leg.
    Moses

1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Join the Club"
  1. […] So there’s my list. I have also just joined The Left Handers Club and they have loads of interesting information about left-handedness as well as specially designed products for left-handers like me. If you are a fellow left-hander, It is completely free and you can join here. […]