Anything Left-Handed > Questions & help

Questions & help

We want to answer any questions you have as quickly as possible and the quickest way is if the information is already on our web site! We post the answers to all questions we receive and put up information pages and reply to comments added by visitors.

The links below with take you to pages where you may find the answer and a search will bring up all pages and posts containing your search term.

If this does not give you an answer, please contact us using the forms provided and we will reply by email.

1. Pages with information covering our most common questions

2. Product search

Click here to search our product database using key words

If you want something that is not currently in our range, please let us know by adding a comment to our page of items we are investigating and we will give feedback by replying to the comment and updating it if we can find the product –
Click here to add the item you want to our list

3. Information search

Use the box in the grey bar above to search all of our information pages and blog posts – put your search words in the box labelled “Search information”.
TIP: If you are searching on a phrase of more than one word, put in in quotation marks, e.g. “golf instruction”

4. Add a comment

If you have a question or want to add your views to any item on our information pages, just add a comment and we will pick it up from there.   If we reply to a comment, it means other people can see the answer as well.     People who have subscribed to our comments feed (including us) will be advised of your comment straight away and it may be the quickest way to get an answer.

5.Contact forms

If you need to contact us direct to get an answer to your question, please click one of the links below to get the appropriate form and that will speed up our reply:

Customer service form – For anything to do with an existing order – payment, delivery, changes or other queries about your order.   There are also phone, fax and postal details on that page.

Web site content – Any questions, feedback, suggestions or additional information on any of the items on our web site (or just add a comment on the page and we will respond to that).

Commercial contacts – If you are trying to sell us something!

202 comments on “Questions & help
  1. cheryl says:

my son has started doing joined up writing at school, and is also doing handwriting practice. my daughter is also left handed, does anyone know if i can get writing paper A4 size, that is glued on the right side. This size paper and it opening on the left side, instead of the right, would be helpful, so my children can see the words, as they are writing them.

2. Vik says:

Which is better for a lefty: a car or a motorcycle?

3. Mohamed Ali says:

Good Morning Everyone, I need an advice from you guys, My Son ( 7 Years Old ) who try to do the things in left Hand in initial stages , but unfortunately we couldn’t noticed that well.. and forced him to do the things in Right Hand… Now he is in 2nd std , he doesn’t write well , Saying his hands got pain when he starts writing too many lines..

Can anyone suggest me , Since he is very small boy, Can we able to change his writing skills to Left Hand .

Expecting your Valuable advice on this…

• Keith says:

It is hardly surprising your poor son is having problems if he was forced to change from his natural hand. I suggest you look at our article on the effect of changing hands and the comments on it here:

and out videos on writing left-handed here

4. Jim says:

No matter which one of my socks I put on first, the other one is always left. Why is that?

5. John says:

Hi –

I was wondering if you made the left handed corkscrew in a right handed version?
    Its really cool, and I want one!

6. randy says:

why isnt there a school where lefthanded children can write words backward to the righthanded way of thinking then they would be writing words and uncovering the words as they put them down just like righthanded and would drag there pencil the same way instead of covering the words there writing down my son his mom and i are all left handed he sometimes writes words right to left i think we should encourage them to do it and we just learn to read it right to left i would like to see a school that would open for lefthanded even the oreintal write back to front i think might be a eye opener for the world if our grades improved due to lefthanded thinking teachers i struggled and fell thru the cracks at school and really dont want want my son to follow in my foot steps

• Leo says:

Randy –

I’m 68, and grew up in New York State where the nuns didn’t make a big deal out of trying to force us to write right-handed, so this wasn’t an issue for me. But as a left-handed child in the days of huge number 2 pencils, which I remember to be just slightly better quality that lumps of anthracite, dragging my hand acxross the page always resulted in horribly smudged wirtten assignments and a seriously blackened outer left palm.

But I don’t know if teaching left-handed children to read right-to-left is a very praxctical solution. It would necessitate two compeletly different sets of everything having to do with reading and writing, unless everyone were taught BOTH systems. As it is, in this country they’re tryiong to do away with cursive writing entirely; I can’t see the education establishment embracing an idea that not only went in the other direction but actually reqwuired doing everything two ways.

When I was fitst a father, I had an enlightening conversation with an education professional who told me it didn’t matter what my daughter chose to read (within reason of course) but only that she got used to getting her ideas out of books. So we banned television Monday through Friday – including for my wife and myself – with the exception for an hour of news daily. it worked; our daughter grew up very well red, articulate a good speller, and with a wide vocabulary, usually superior to almost everyone around her.

The point is, encourage your son to read and write, and perhaps ease off the idea of planting an excuse in his head why he can’t write well. I don;t think the two-stage idea would ever catch on, and even if it did, it seems to me your son would be long-grown when it became wide-spread.

– Regards,
      Leo

• Johna Mohr says:

I’m with you, Randy. I love mirror writing. Not only can I write right to left I do it very well. I was switched to right by the age of 5. When I finally remembered that my mother had told me I was a “southpaw” I figured that if I really had been born a “lefty” I should be able to mirror write with ease. Lo and behold! I can and I love to write pages and pages. At first it was a bit difficult to read it but it is becoming easier and easier. Although I can write very well with my right hand I’ve never enjoyed writing with the right hand. So, let’s have a left hand school and let lefty’s express themselves like they were meant to. I personally am tired of this right hand world…(smile)

7. Duane says:

I am often puzzled by this; I am a lefty, but I do not write with the “claw-hook” style that most
    lefties use. When I write, the slant is somewhat backward (to the left0, but mostly it’s straight
    up & down.

Is this weird? Am I the only one who writes like this? BTW, I am a 52 yr. old male and this has
    always been my writing style. I tried the “claw-hook” and it is totally awkward for me.

8. Sharon Boore says:

Just got new lap top with Windows 8. Absolute nightmare. To switch pages (windows) you swipe the touch pad from laft side. Unfortunately, being left handed it means I am constantly accidently swiping and switching pages whic his driving me nuts. There doesnt seem to be a away to turn this off either. Does anyone else struggle with this?

9. Chrissie says:

I was born left-handed 1950. My family moved from London in 1956 to small town in Hampshire. I attended the local school whereupon I had my left hand tied behind my back daily ,to encourage me to write and draw right-handed, and there was more. I never told my parents, thinking I was in the wrong. I have never forgotten those days.
    My question: Has there been any research / investigation carried out on past children or adults who experienced the same as me?
    I am interested to know what effect would / could this have had on the brain ? When at school changing the tactile movement and the cognitive aftereffect?

10. Jeff says:

I’m am interested in the left handed Swiss Army knive, ergo14, can you get engraving with this item?

Jeff

11. Christine says:

I am going to order the Stabilo EASYergo pencil, LEFT-handedOption1 – Body colour: Pink / Dark pink but cannot seem to find where to order the pack of refills. Help please.

12. Bill McDonald says:

I wonder????

Has anyone built a house anywhere that is totally left handed?
    I always remember my Navy days when the anti-aircragt guns with twin barrels, the right hand gun (facing the breech) was totally left handed. (guess where my action station was)

Bill

13. Michelle says:

I’m looking for tools and supplies for my 2 1/2 year old. He attends Preschool and they are starting to trace and I would like to have supplies and guides for the teachers. Any help is apprecited!

14. DUSTY says:

HOW MANY FEMALE LEFT HANDED FEMALES ARE THERE COMPARED TO MALE THAT ARE LEFT HANDED???

15. Diana Bannell says:

I am trying to decide between the two bread knives. The 200mm for £14.95 and the 220mm for £19.95. Is there any signficant difference between them apart from the size and the handle?
    Thanks

16. terrence walston says:

I like what you are doing. Are you going to have calenders for 2013 and on? I bought a used all terrain vehicle, a 1998 arctic cat 4×4. The manual start is on the left side and all I have to do is reach down and pull on the start rope instead of getting off and standing on the right side and pulling the start rope with my left hand. what is the dollar to pound rate?

17. anne marsden says:

i have been reading your statistics and thought i would tell you i was born from right handed parents,they had 6 children 3 eldest right handed the 3 youngest lefties,we three youngest were always called cack handed.where did this saying come from?by the way as a child in school(im 54 now)in my art lessons i was made always to sit at the back as the teacher said i couldnt hold equipment right so i obviously wouldnt be any good at art

18. Essie says:

My 7yrs old son is left-handed when he is writing but also using his right hand sometimes (rarely ) Also when he plays Soccer he plays with left foot while he is using his right eye when he is doing something with microscope or telescope.
    I am right-handed but his dad is left-handed and he has some qualities like my son.And i agree that left-handed people are more successful with ball games.It is valid also my son who is good at soccer and basketball.I wish i was left-handed too …sigh… 🙂

19. Lindsey Bell says:

I work as a senior business analyst and i am left handed, although my team is very small the left handed analysts outweigh the right handed analysts. Is this because being left handed means you are more analytical with your thinking?

20. Paul C says:

I am interested in finding a camcorder for left handed people? I have a regular one but find it difficult to use the various buttons/switches with my right hand.

21. BOB says:

A warm hi to every one,
    I was born lefty but at age of around 17 I suddenly found that i can right with right hand too ,
    I think at age of maturity i achieved some more things including the one i said , is there any theory in this field ????
    Answer please base on science

22. S.Sriram says:

Hi guys,

My name is Sriram iam from chennai India . iam so proud iam a (left hand writter)

iam successful in life.. I have extra confidence in my self , so be proud as left hand

writters.

23. Jan says:

Hi,
    I have a ?? My 8 year old grandson was born a lefty….BUT his mother has forced him to be right handed…….(grrrr) now in his 2nd grade of school he is having difficulties…should I TRY to get him to use his left hand again ??? I am left handed…..& LOVE it ……………although as a child in the 1st grade my teacher hit me on my knuckles & put me in a corner for using my left hand. I completed hairdressing school & then barber school……the instructors didn’t know how to teach me but I got all great grades & learned real fast…..:)

24. Mich Mazzocco says:

Hi there – this is a brilliant site. My 5-year old son is strongly left handed, and is having a hard time getting a good grip for writing. We’ve tried triangular pencils and grips that slide onto a pencil, but they don’t help.

I’d love to try a few of your products to see which might be helpful for him, but we can’t afford to buy them all to find out which works – is there any place where he can try a few different products to see which might be of use to him?

Many thanks!

25. KAREN says:

HI AM KAREN PLEASE COULD SOMEONE TELL ME IF LEFTHANDED PEOPLE SUCH AS MY SELF SUFFER MORE MENTAL PROBLEMS I SEEM TO HAVE A LOT OF UNCONTROLLED FITS ASWELL AS OTHER PROBLEMS RELATED TO MY HEALTH, PROBLEMS IS I CANNOT MAKE THE DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS UNDERSTAND THIS IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEARS I NEED ADVISE AND HELP ANYONE PLEASE GET INTOUCH.

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
    KAREN

26. May Lin says:

Dear Sirs:
    I am a college student study in Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages.
    It is a school in Taiwan.

I need to finish a project in one of the courses I am taking now.
    The topic of my project is to set up “a left-handed corner” in my stores.
    In order to estimate for the left-handed products price, I found out this website.

I am wondering if I want to buy a great quantity of the products that sold in this website, will you give me any discount? How will you charge?

May I ask you how many products are there on this website?
    Could you please give me the list of those products with price?

The information you gave me will only be used on my project.
    My English writing is not very good, so if there are any words that are not polite, I am very sorry.

I think it is very rude to ask questions like this, but in order to finish the budget part, I really need your help.

Best regards,
    May Lin

27. Mark Jones says:

Do you sell the backwards watch in gold and the black wrist band with a more classy look ? for example the face like a mother of pearl with gold and the wrist band black but a better look like leather or black alligator for example. Your brother from another mother is just asking , So handle your scandle and make it do what it do because it is what it is Peace out and one love

28. best sewing machine says:

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out much. I am hoping to offer one thing back and aid others such as you helped me.

29. domain name,web hosting,استضافة,دومين says:

You understand therefore considerably in terms of this topic, produced me for my part consider it from a lot of varied angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be interested unless it’s something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time take care of it up!

30. John bluetooth keyboard says:

Hi, i feel that i noticed you visited my web site so i got here to go back the choose?.I am trying to to find things to enhance my website!I assume its good enough to use some of your ideas!!