As we were putting together some fantastic offers to kick off the Christmas season here at Anything Left-Handed, we got to thinking: What are some of the traditional Christmas activities that are sometimes made difficult for left-handers?
Here are our ideas so far:
- Christmas cards opening the right-handed way. Except of course for our Christmas cards (pictured) that open right-to-left!
- Carving the turkey – without a proper left-handed knife, the cutting edge in on the wrong side for a left-hander, making it difficult to carve well.
- Banging elbows as you eat your Christmas dinner (especially as there are normally more people round the table for Christmas so it is a bit of a squash in the first place)
- Smudging your messages on cards and gift tags
- Lots of extra awkward kissing starting on the wrong cheek (see our article on left-handed kissing here)
- Trying to cut wrapping paper with right-handed scissors.
- Table laid out the wrong way with cutlery back to front (or at least the spoon turned the wrong way) and all the glasses on the right (wrong!) side.
So there are our ideas – let us know yours by adding comments below.